Here at home:
- EI centres in Nova Scotia, P.E.I. and Vancouver to shrink workforce
- Elections Canada eyes online voting
- The Common Look and Feel for the Internet 2.0 Standard (CLF 2.0) is being replaced by 3 new Standards
- The GoC is looking for a new look.
- But we might need more than a fresh coat of paint
- Japan: interesting move by Takeo City in Japan, who have made the bold decision to move their entire council website to Facebook.
- Australia: The state government of Western Australia recently announced that it is abandoning shared corporate services after spending in excess of A$345m over seven years implementing a shared services strategy. This outcome should send a shiver down the spine of any government contemplating shared services strategies to reduce costs. Ouch.
- Greece: Public pension fund pays 1,473 dead Greeks
- U.K.: constructive talks about the use of social media in recent rioting